Article 1 (Purpose)
- KHIDI shall post the terms and conditions hereof, on the initial user service screen of the MKR website or the screen linked thereto (연결화면), together with the trade name, address of the place of business, Representative’s name, business license number, contact information (phone number, fax number, e-mail address, etc.) of KHIDI, so that members will identify the same.
Article 3 (Definitions)
- As used herein, the following terms shall have the meanings hereby assigned to them:
- Member: an individual or a corporate body that has been duly registered with MKR as a member by providing his/her or its personal information. Members are divided into general members, medical institution members, and attraction agency members, as follows:
- General member (buyer): a foreigner aged 14 or older, or a foreign corporation that can use the reservation/purchase services provided by medical institution members (*Only foreigners without Korean nationality shall be eligible for general membership.)
- Medical institution member (provider): a foreign patients’ attraction agency duly registered with the Ministry of Health and Welfare of the Republic of Korea that, as such, may register and sell the information and medical services of medical institutions (The certificate of registration as a foreign patients’ attraction agency is required.)
- Attraction agency member (provider): a member making an appointment with a medical institution, etc., or providing concierge services for foreign patients (The certificate of registration as a foreign patients’ attraction agency is required.)
- Group member (group buyers): a member who can make a reservation of, or use any medical services on behalf of a group of members belonging to a corporation or other organization (The business registration certificate is required.)
- ID: a combination of the characters representing the Member’s e-mail address and numbers, as created by a Member and registered with the approval of MKR, for identification purposes and also to enable the Member to use the Services.
- Password: a combination of alphabetic and numeric characters set by a Member himself/herself and registered with MKR for identification purposes, and also to protect the Member’s rights and confidential information.
- Service Manager: a person appointed by KHIDI to manage and operate the Services properly and smoothly in all aspects. Other terms used herein that are not specifically defined in subsection 1 above shall be subject to generally accepted business practices.
Article 4 (Type of Services)
- MKR shall provide the following Services:
- Development and management services for the medical/concierge service reservation platform
- Support services related to the reservation of medical/concierge services;
- Support services related to the reservation/purchase (deposit) of the Services; and
- Commodity information retrieval service.
- Advertising and promotion service
- The MKR services referred to in subsection ① above are intended to allow Members to use the platform or MKR’s reservation/payment transactions, in order to make reservations of medical/concierge services, etc. In such a case, KHIDI shall in no event be responsible for any of the medical/concierge services registered with MKR by individual institutions (i.e., medical institution members and attraction agency members).
Article 5 (Disclaimer of Agency)
KHIDI shall solely bear responsibilities for managing and operating the system designed to provide efficient services, as a mail-order agency, but does not act on behalf of any buyer or seller in relation to transactions involving any goods or services. Accordingly, each Member shall be personally responsible for the transactions conducted with other Members, as well as for the information provided and registered by the Member.
Article 6 (Disclaimer of Warranties)
KHIDI makes no warranties whatsoever, whether express or implied, with respect to the existence and trueness of the seller’s intention to sell, or the buyer’s intention to buy the Services; the quality, completeness, stability, legality, and non-infringement of the Services; the genuineness or legality of the information entered by the buyer or seller, as well as the data posted on the URL connected to through such information, etc., in relation to transactions conducted between the buyer and the seller through the system provided by MKR. Accordingly, the Member involved in such transactions shall solely bear any and all risks and liability related thereto.